Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blackberry Crumb Bars


     One morning recently, I was in the mood to bake something easy and looking for something new and tasty to try.  I came across this recipe for blueberry crumb bars on Smitten Kitchen and though they looked delicious, I only had blackberries, so I substituted them for the blueberries.  They came out great; even my niece who didn't think she liked blackberries loved them!  Besides being tasty, these are super easy to make.  It only takes a few minutes to make the crust and filling and then you just have to wait while they bake.  :)  Next time I have blueberries, I'll definitely try making these bars with them.  This recipe would probably work with just about any berry you have as well.  Also, these taste good both hot and cold, it depends on your preference, or how long you can wait to taste them! ;)  Let me know if you try these and how they turn out. :)  Enjoy! 






Thanks for reading, comment and follow my blog if you'd like! :) 

P.S. Thanks to all of you who've followed my blog, I love you all! :)


                                                                                                                            Xoxo Gabriella  

26 comments:

  1. OMG my mouth is watering just looking at those! i must try the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks soo amazing! I wish I could cook/bake!

    xx

    http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum i keep seeing similar recipes around the net, this sounds waaaay too yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, we have wild blackberries that grow back behind my apartment. I am definitely going to try out this recipe with them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is amazing, and nice post its lovely

    its looks verry nice mmmmmmmmm


    do you wanne follwo us ? than we can follow back

    xx

    www.sistersandsisters.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just amazing I love blackberry anything but boy this one is fabulous! I have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these look incredible!

    http://thelittlebrunettemermaid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yammie!

    We are your newest folllowers:)!

    XoXo
    H&C from Amsterdam
    www.sistersandsisters.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazingly yum! Thanks for such a great guide. Enjoying your blog I am following, hope you will too, Pearl x

    http://fashionpearlsofwisdom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm - these look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmmm Delicious!!!
    xoxo
    Debora
    http://glamorouscircusblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks as scrumptious as Snow White's gooseberry pies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A Snow White Sanctum: haha! Thanks, that's one of my favorite comments ever! I love Snow White and Disney! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks so yummmyy!!! fast and easy to make? yes please!!! thank you so much for your sweet comment :) following xo

    i hope you'll visit again soon!

    http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blog.
    Can we follow each other?
    http://www.kiransawhney.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. u have a lovely blog. the food looks nice! x

    Find me on:
    From Catwalk to Classroom...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, those look fantastic! Xoxo everrubygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nom nom nom. This would be perfect to make for the 4th of July! Too bad I won't have time. Maybe some other time this summer! I'd love it with blueberries...

    P.S. OMG yes, I HATE talking to people on the phone at work...it's so awkward since you barely know them, and, in my job, I'm usually the one calling THEM, so obviously I have to have my shizz together, and I usually don't, and it's just like, "Um, hi, this is Ashley calling...I just, uh, wanted to let you know about, umm..." UGH. I hate it. I'd make fun of myself if I wasn't myself, you know?

    ReplyDelete

Comment here! I'd love to know what you have to say. :)