Thursday, June 2, 2011

Peach Pies!

     Hello lovely readers!  I mentioned in this post that I recently got a whole bunch of peaches and had to find something to make with them.  I decided to make a bunch (4!) of peach pies and give some to various family members and, of course, keep one for my house, lol! :)  My mom brought one to my sister's house when she had some people over and everyone who ate it loved it; I gave one to my dad too and he ate half in one night! lol!  So, I thought I'd share it with you.  (A friend of my sister's often asks me when I'm opening my bakery, lol! Sorry, can't be a teacher and run a bakery at the same time! It's just for fun.) :)

     I used this peach pie recipe I found online and this pie crust recipe.  I added about 1 teaspoon sugar (per crust if making more than one) to the crust to make them a little sweeter.  When mixing the dough, make sure not to melt the shortening with your hands, which would cause problems.  For the pie, I highly recommend using fresh peaches if you can find them, they taste amazing!  Make sure to use them when they're ripe and a tiny bit squishy.  Also, I used a little more lemon juice than the recipe suggests about 1 tablespoon extra (per pie) but that's just my preference.  I made a lattice pie crust but you could do a double crust if you prefer (directions given on recipe for both).            
     That's all for now; let me know if you use this recipe how your pie turns out.  Anyone have a favorite pie recipe?  Comment below and tell me.  Thanks for reading, follow my blog if you'd like.  

P.S.: Does anyone have any requests for a recipe post on any specific thing they'd like to make, either baked goods or other food?  Let me know and I'll try and see what I can do. :)


                                                                                                                 -Xoxo Gabriella ♥

   

4 comments:

  1. Looks so delicious!!!

    www.inloveiwascreated.blogspot.com


    Check out my work blog too!
    www.celebrityowned.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm peach pies sound fantastic! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look delicious!! We have an apricot tree bursting with fruit right now, I should whip out some pies too

    ReplyDelete

Comment here! I'd love to know what you have to say. :)