1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 Principessa Gabriella: Rainbow Cupcakes with Pastel Rainbow Icing! (& Matching Nails)

Rainbow Cupcakes with Pastel Rainbow Icing! (& Matching Nails)

IMG_1557
Ciao dears!,
        I made the cutest cupcakes for my niece, Juliana’s, 16th birthday party.  She wanted something fun and colorful…so rainbow cupcakes seemed like the perfect idea!  I made the actual cake rainbow colored and then made the icing a pretty pastel rainbow of yellow, blue, and pink.  I also painted my nails in pretty fun colors to match! Smile    
See! I painted them with pretty bright colors and made polka dots using a toothpick.
IMG_1549
Rainbow Cupcakes: Tutorial
1.) Prepare your favorite vanilla cupcake batter (you can add other flavorings if you wish, just nothing with any color).  I have a favorite that I use semi-often that everyone I know loves.  My cupcakes are always moist and flavorful.  It’s a combination of a Good Housekeeping recipe with a few alterations and secrets (maybe I’ll share one day…if anyone’s interested?).
2.) Divide your batter into different bows evenly (how ever many colors you wish to use).  I divided mine into 5 bowls: red, yellow, green, blue, and purple.  Use gel or liquid food coloring (gel is better, I think) to color you icing.  A little bit goes a long way so add a bit at a time until you achieve your desired color.  Mix each one separately to spread the color.  Spoon a bit of each colored batter into each cupcake liner, on on top of the other.  Do Not mix/swirl them, just layer one color at a time on top of each other. 
3.) Bake your cupcakes according to your recipe and then let cool while you make the icing.
None of them will look exactly the same and that’s fine.  It makes them unique and fun. Smile     
IMG_1554
IMG_1555

IMG_1556
4.) Prepare your favorite buttercream (or another type if you prefer) icing. I have a Good Housekeeping and a Wilton recipe that I tend to use often. Divide the icing into three bowls. Add food coloring to each bowl. I used pink, yellow, and blue.
5.) Spoon the three icings side by side into your pastry bag. This part is a bit tricky. Make sure you try to keep the three colors sort of in three columns next to each other going all the way up the bag. This will make sure you get all 3 colors to come out of the bag when you frost your cupcakes.
6.) Using your pastry bag, frost your cupcakes making a swirl of prettiness on top of each cupcake. Smile Last, sprinkle whatever pretty colored/rainbow sprinkles you like on top of the icing. Now, marvel at your adorable cupcake creations and indulge in one (or 2…I won’t tell Winking smile)
How cute do they look!?  I love this cute little glass cupcake holder I found at Marshall’s. Smile
IMG_1557
IMG_1558
IMG_1559
IMG_1560
IMG_1561 
IMG_1610
IMG_1611
IMG_1612
IMG_1613
IMG_1614    IMG_1615
        What do you think?  Will you try making these one day?  They were a huge hit at the party.  My brother-in-law and others are always harassing me to open a bakery… Baking is just a fun hobby for me though.
                                                                 ♥♥ Xoxo Gabriella

Labels: , , , , , , , ,